Wonderful fish recipe to light up your life
It's been raining all weekend but this elegant fish dish, made with healthy trout or salmon, will bring a ray of sunshine into your day.
The mixture of fennel, dill and garlic provides a subtle and perfumed aroma to perfect the flavour of the orange coloured fish meat. The recipe is taken from the food section of mbl.is, Matur.
Fennel and dill fish for a rainy day
- 120 ml rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons seasalt plus a tiny bit extra for final garnish
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small fennell,cut into very thin slices (preferably with a slicer)
- 600 grammes trout or salmon fillets
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ½ cup fresh dill
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees C. Put the vinegar, sugar, cumin seeds, 2 teaspoons salt and 180 ml of water into a small saucepan until the sugar has been diluted. Take from stove and add garlic, let it sit until the garlic is soft, for around 100- 15 minutes.
- Put half of the fennel and stir into the saucepan. Wait until fennel is soft, for around 8 - 10 minutes.
- Put the fish into an oven dish and baste with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake until the fish turns a light pink and seperates easily, for around 15- 18 minutes.
- Pour the liquid from the saucepan into a bowl and add the lemon juice, zest, oil, dill and remaining fennel. Serve with the fish.